Guernsey Travel Update – October 2021
27th October 2021
Found in: Blog -
From 20th October, it will no longer be a requirement for those travelling into the Bailiwick from the Common Travel Area (CTA) as ‘blue’ arrivals to purchase and complete a course of lateral flow tests (LFTs).
From Wednesday 27th October, fully vaccinated travellers arriving in the Bailiwick from outside the Common Travel Area (CTA), who have NOT spent time in any UK Red List country in the 10 days before their arrival, will no longer be asked to do a PCR test. Instead they will be required to purchase a pack of five lateral flow tests (LFTs), the first of which they must take on their day of arrival. Read more here.
This sees a further easing of requirements following the changes on 4th October allowing all arrivals from the CTA (the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Jersey and the Isle of Man), regardless of vaccination status, to be treated as a ‘blue’ arrival, whether that be visitors or residents returning to the Bailiwick.
For other countries, travel requirements remain dependant on whether or not the traveller is fully vaccinated:
- Fully vaccinated non-CTA arrivals are required to purchase a pack of 5 LFTs that they must take on day of arrival and following days. It is a legal requirement to purchase these tests, to take a LFT on day of arrival and to report a positive test result from that LFT by calling the Clinical Helpline.
- Unvaccinated non-CTA arrivals are required to take a self-swab PCR test on arrival, and self-isolate until a negative result of a second PCR test on Day 8.
Restrictions remain in place for arrivals directly from countries on the UK’s red-list without passing through the UK. These arrivals will need to carry out a self-swab PCR test on arrival and self-isolate until they take a second PCR test on Day 9 and receive a negative result. Travellers coming from a red-list country into the UK will need to complete their 10-day quarantine there, in line with UK rules, before travelling on to the Bailiwick. They would then arrive in Guernsey as ‘blue’ arrivals.
Everyone arriving into the Bailiwick must create a Travel Tracker account, you will be able to do so up to 8 days before your journey. For more information please go to: https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/traveltracker
Travelling with children / young person(s)
- Children under the age of 11 must be registered on the Travel Tracker account of one travelling adult only.
- Everyone aged 12 or older must create their own Travel Tracker account.
Vaccinated children aged 12 -17
- Children aged 12-17 who have received one dose of vaccine (in accordance with the JCVI guidelines) and 2 weeks have elapsed since that dose was administered will be classed as fully vaccinated travellers. Please enter your vaccine information into the travel tracker.
Unvaccinated children aged 12 -17
- Unvaccinated Children aged 12-17 can add their parents vaccine information to their accounts to receive the vaccination status of the parent travelling with them.
For further information about your travel to Guernsey, please speak with the Locate Guernsey team.